Secret Society: Hidden Mystery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Third message Michelle!!!!!!!

Go down

Third message Michelle!!!!!!! Empty Third message Michelle!!!!!!!

Post by Zakuska Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:10 pm

If my code wouldn't work for you let me know I will send just you a code before I post it.  I have a Michelle in my group of friends (18 at the moment) but I'm not sure it is you.  

You are right about getting hooked on the game.  I'm so hooked that when my last phone died on me (I was at level 128) I just downloaded the game and started over......... sad.....sad......sad.  I try to limit my play to a couple times a day but........ the darn game just keeps calling my name. LOL

I don't know if you have found your code yet.  It took me forever to find mine.  Go to your friends menu and tap add by code.  Your code will be in the box on the left of the screen once you tap the invite tab.  Also, I just learned yesterday that your personal code is probably only good for the addition of 3 friends that use it to invite you to play with them, then they give you a new code and you have to post on this sight again to get any more.

As for the friends that you try to add from the list the game gives you, you will get replies to some of them and it costs nothing to try.  It's just that G5 seems to have changed how that list is generated in the last few weeks and included a lot more of the people who played the game long enough to decide they didn't like it and then left.  Their character seems to stick around.  I have not idea how long they keep them but that is my best guess.  The first time I started playing this game nearly everyone the game sent me added me onto their group of friends.  G5does keep tweeking on the game.  They add new pictures occasionally and I have even had them rework one of the pictures completely to a new room, many new objects, and new hiding places.  That was one tweek I really didn't enjoy.  :-)

Last edited by Zakuska on Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:53 pm; edited 2 times in total

Zakuska

Back to top Go down

Third message Michelle!!!!!!! Empty Re: Third message Michelle!!!!!!!

Post by Michelle123 Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:59 am

Hi Zakuska,

Yes, I'm your Michelle. I'd have chosen a more unique name if I'd understood the whole friends thing from the beginning! And I'd change it, but I'm not going to use my very few crystals to do it.

I haven't found my friend code yet,but I haven't even looked for it. I really am still learning a lot about everything. I think I've only been playing about a week (but it sure seems longer). This game is like being a crack addict -- "here, try this for free, want some more? We'll give you a discount." G5 is my pusher. I have such a hard time resisting the temptation to buy more energy so I can play longer.

I keep inviting the random 6 that G5 gives me, but don't ever get any replies. I did, however, get another friend and I'm assuming it's someone who accepted my invitation (someone with major experience points). I'm not pushing too hard to get a lot of friends until I learn how to manage everything. If you have a few minutes, please feel free to educate me on the etiquette of having friends. I know I can visit once a day & I'm allowed to click on 5 of their items (pictures or the things up top that give you goodies). I'm also allowed to give a gift once a day. Is there anything else I should be doing?

Thanks for all your help and patience!

Michelle123

Back to top Go down

Post by Zakuska Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:00 pm

Hi Michelle,

I think you are doing just fine. The only time I have been irratated my any of my friend links is when they use me as a dumping ground to get rid of their object overload. I know it doesn't seem like it now but it will happen. You will look one day if you are not watching and you will 30 of something like the masks. It's not really bad of them to do the dumping. It doesn't hurt me in any way and if that is all they have to get rid of it gets them points. It's just me being a weirdo. As long as you send gifts back on some kind of a regular basis you should be doing just fine. There is just not a whole of ways to mess it up since we can't actually talk to each other from the game. (probably a good thing. LOL)

I know how hard it is to resist the temptation to buy more energy. I understanc completely!! My daughter taught a trick to get more energy points but it does have it's drawbacks. Shut the game down go into your settings (if you are playing on something that has them) reset the year to last year (you can probably pick any date in the past and it should work. I just haven't tried it because the year is easy and I'm lazy). You can play around with this. I have only tried it a couple of times so far. Anyway..... open the game back up and shut it down again. Go back and set your date back to where it should be and open the game again. You should have a whole new rack of points. The drawback is the daily item you collect on that pops up once a day at the beginning to the game building the winged object thinks you have been gone a long time as well and you have to either use crystals to keep your position or let it reset back to the start of the part you were working on them. You only lose the one part and not all the parts you have already earned . The prize at the end is a good one so you have to decide if the reset is worth it.

The one I mess up on the most often is not watching my level bar. If you keep a close eye on it (once you have more friends) there are ways to shove it up to the next level and refill your energy. You get energy every time you visit a friend and click on any of the awards or pictures. In the beginning you are allowed 5 clicks but both the points and then energy needed for this go up as you get higher in the levels. The game doesn't save any of the energy points you had left when you go up a level, though. You just lose them which is why you have to watch the bar closely. I'm always forgetting and losing energy points this way. When you are visiting a friend and you click on one of their pictures you gain 30 experience points toward the next game level.

I don't know many of the tricks that are probably posted somewhere on this site but that's at least two of them that can help you.

Also, if you seemed to have a friend mysteriously appear it will be one of the friends you sent an invite to. The only way you know they have replied to those is when they show up in your friends list. They also have the option to say no and will then just disappear altogether. Can't imagine why anyone would want to do that but I have had it happen.

As far as the addiction goes, the game is certainly better for you than the crack (LOL) as long as you don't get carried away spending money on their special offeers. :-)

If you want to change you name you may get the opportunity to do it for free. In the past a window would pop up periodically and tell you that you can change your name that day for free.

Have a great day!!!!!

Zakuska

Zakuska

Back to top Go down

Post by Zakuska Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:14 pm

just moving it up the list a little to be sure you see it.

Zakuska

Back to top Go down

Post by Michelle123 Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:50 pm

Wow -- you've learned so much so fast! But then I keep forgetting that you're replaying this on a new device & previously had a much higher level than the 29 I see on screen!

I'm now up to four friends and seem to be managing pretty well. Since I have 260 or so strength points (I think that's what they're called!), I can visit all four every day and click on five things. I feel bad because I haven't gifted two of my people -- the things they are requesting are so high (they are at levels 133 & 143) that I either (a) don't have/haven't seen the items they want or (b) haven't reached a high enough level to gift those items. I guess I could give them something they don't want, but that just seems nasty. Like I said, definitely still learning the etiquette!

I'm learning to watch my energy level & see where I am, what's going to come up on those freebie items on top of the screen & how much I'm going to spend to do what I need/want to do. It really is a crazy balancing act. I find myself wandering by my Kindle & clicking to see when I'll get more energy & if I should use some up now or wait awhile. I really am going to have to find another game to play while waiting for this one. I think I'll have to call that my "methadone game".

I find it kind of strange that I've never received a friend request -- does something come up on your screen when you get one? Wish G5 would suggest me to some people! Of course if I had too many friends I'd go crazy managing them.

I'll keep an eye open for the opportunity to change my name for free -- if "Michelle" disappears and something else pops up (I'm thinking Calypso), you'll know it's still me!

Thanks again for all the help, both here and in the game.

Michelle123

Back to top Go down

Post by Zakuska Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:52 pm

If anyone sends you a friend request it will be in friends somewhere inside the waiting tab.  They show up in random places among the people you have already put in there and sent friend requests to.

Don't worry about not being able to send stuff to the higher level players they knew what level you were when they friended you back.  If you feel really bad about it send them one of the items everyone needs to turn in a collection. (the keys, gears, springs, etc.)  even if they already have a bunch I doubt they will be upset by it.  I have had as many as 100 of the first little key in the list and used them all only to find myself needing more.  So.....

When you feel comfortable with it start posting your friend code here.  I have picked up a bunch of friends that way.  The more friends you have the better your chances are to get sent something you really need.  I had friends in my last group on this game who had 400 or more friends.  They didn't show up often, but when they did they were generous with their gifts.  The people who have been around that long also know really really well how limited the gift giving is by the game.  When I first started playing their was no limit on ANYTHING.  It was  fantastic because you could send your friends everything they asked for if you had it and you could visit every friend you had no matter how many there were once a day.  So the higher level players will have been playing when G5 changed the game (and I'm sure were as frustrated by it as I was. LOL  But.... ummmm... it didn't seem to stop any of us from playing anyway and I don't think I had any of my friends disappear because of it.  :-)  I've collected up 36 friends so far and I will keep adding as fast as I can for awhile.  They really speed up being able to turn your collections in for the special tools etc. to play the game.  

G5 also occasionally adds new pictures to the game as well.  The tavern on the top far right has only been around for a month or so and I was around when they added the Christmas and Valentines pictures (around the times of those holidays) so I'm guessing the witches hut showed up for Halloween.  They certainly have plenty of blank spots to still add pictures and one of the awards that you can get is for opening 30 pictures.  30 pictures aren't even in the game yet, so I'm sure there's more to come.

If you would like you could send me a private message and I will give you my email address, so we can continue to chat.  But it's totally up to you.  I am just pretty bad about staying in touch for long lengths of time on message boards.  I get busy with life and forget I was checking them out regularly.  LOL  Old age will do that to you. :-)

Zakuska

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down